Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Speaking Peace and Healing Into Darkness

Just over a week ago, my natural doctor and friend passed away. I wrote about some of my memories of her. She was a beautiful, special christian person, and I already miss her.

Speaking Peace and Healing Into Darkness


I have known Kelly for a very short 6 years, though I began to hear about her for years before that. I had many health issues and my family encouraged me to see her after she helped my sister with her kidney disease. My first visit with Kelly was $40. Our appointment with her was pleasant and I was glad she was able to answer so many questions. One of my struggles was with not being able to get pregnant. Our appointment with her was early in July, I got pregnant the first week in August with Truett. A year later we moved back to Michigan, she helped me get through mastitis 7 times in the first 7 months of my sons life. When I got pregnant with Pearl, I started to have a miscarriage. My sister in law stayed with me for several days and Kelly would text her ideas to help me stay pregnant until she could see me. When my daughter was born, we were in Kelly’s office before Pearl was 4 days old. She said Pearl’s cry sounded like a baby unicorn :) Several months later, Truett had his first seizure. As soon as we were sent home from the hospital, we got Truett into Kelly for a last minute appointment. She checked him and helped us figure out why he was so weak. She was so kind, Truett is wild and got into all her stuff in her office every time we were there. He would trip over all her cords, throw stuff and wipe his nose on her desk and furniture. One times he threw a sucker stick and it landed right on her desk. She had these antique health books on the floor under her hutch...I always worried Truett would shred them!

When we were living our camper after my mother in law died, I went to see kelly because I started losing my hair and my mind...She would always say “You’re doing so many great things, good job.” I needed her reassurance and her kindness. I needed someone to say “good job”, someone to notice how hard I was trying to care for my family! She spoke peace and healing into my body and spirit. There were times when I would walk in and she would say ok we need to pray right now. She would hold my hands or put her hand on my head and pray peace into me. I cried so many times on the other side of her desk. The last few years have been so hard on my body and spirit. When I found out that I had lost my pregnancy, first stop was church, second stop was Kelly. Her receptionist told her what was going on and she immediately came out and checked me. Of course a warm hug, and her peaceful, calm, soft caring voice. Once I came to see her again after the miscarriage, I shared with her what had happened with my marriage and my baby. I told her I was choosing to forgive my husband and walk into healing with him. I also expressed that we were unsure of what to do about our son and his epilepsy, expect healing or accept the diagnosis. She gave me a book called “Moving Mountains” and then didn’t charge me for my appointment! I was in tears! It was a long appointment worth at least $120 minimum. When I would be in the store looking for help, she would come up and hug me and say how are you doing? She checked me and said, wow you need blood builder! She was a woman of high value and no matter how much her profession focused on health of the body, she genuinely cared about the spiritual and emotional health of the person. I always thought, there’s no way we could move out of state, how would I ever find someone like Kelly to take my children and family to see?! Her voice was so calming and peaceful. I will really miss her. She was a special part of my life and it was God’s hand working freely through her that gave my husband and I a family.

I really hope that over time and as I develop, God will shape me into a woman that allows His work to flow through her hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Retrospect.

The word God gave me for this year was "Tender" and "Truth". What I am writing is part of my healing, and it is TRUTH. ...