Is it too cluttered to work in your heart? During worship, I heard clearly "It's time to clean up shop." As soon as I heard this I pictured an coverall clad mechanic with a dirty face and worn hands walking into a repair shop. He looked around dismayed because of the huge mess crowding the work area. He pushed a button on the wall behind him to open the large garage door on the front of the building. As the sun shone through the door, he began to sort through the garbage and toss things quickly out of the garage to make room for the work he needed to do.
Daily life in my world, and the world in general, clutter abounds. It seems to me that the more clutter I have in my home, the more cluttered my brain is. I have a lot of things. The life I lives requires me to always be thinking about the next purchase. Who needs socks, school supplies, food for special diets, gifts for the holidays, and general comfort and enjoyment items. When we live this life, we really also need to be decluttering constantly. When I slack in the decluttering area, everyone suffers. I can't think straight, the house is a bomb, no one can find anything and I absolutely can not bring more into the house. If I don't declutter, I end up in a vicious cycle of trying to find places to store things, and struggling to enjoy daily life because I have so much pressure on me.
I absolutely felt this was a spiritual message I needed to apply to my life. I was thinking about the things I struggle with as
clutter in my heart. I realized I need to toss a lot of things out of my mind so God can get some new thoughts and ideas in my head. I started saying "NO" to thoughts that would come into my head and immediately dismissing them. This has helped cut out all kinds of distractions and keep me on task. So, my garage door is open, and I'm tossing things out, binding them up and making room for new and better!!
No comments:
Post a Comment