I started this blog a few months ago to chronicle the healing process that I am going through. I am really really needing to solidify my time with the Lord. I absolutely can not live life without Christ being the most important part of my day. I love studying, reading and writing. So I am trying to start a devotional routine that is easy to follow and nourishing to my daily walk and challenges. I also feel like this will open a portal for God to speak to my heart more often and more directly. Right now, I have allowed my daily routines and responsibilities to become an idol in my life. Right now I am trying to start by getting up early without any distractions to study. There couldn't be a better way to start the day! I do have a great vision of having a special area where I can spend my time with the Lord every day. A special area set apart to study and hear from God, that's the dream. I think if I make a special area, then as I go through my day, the impact of that time alone will remain in my mind and on my heart. Someday, I could teach other women how to make an area like that for themselves.
I recently taught a small lesson for a mom's group based around the story "My Heart Christ's Home" by Robert Boyd Munger. When I asked the group who was having quiet time with the Lord every day, there was only one woman (out of maybe 10), that said she had devotions every day with her husband. I was sad because I felt like these moms were really missing out during the most stressful times of their lives. WHen we have kids hanging all over us, paperwork, husbands to please and an entire home to take care of, we need to hear GOD! We need to be in the word for our daily bread and encouragement for our souls, minds and bodies!
SO here is what I imagine, a beautifully colored chair (maybe a recliner) with a cozy throw blanket. A nice rug under the chair and a small side table with a drawer. Maybe a lamp. Definitely a coaster. ;) Of course, I know that in any situation I can read the Word and seek God, but making a special spot to do this, would definitely help me sneak away from my family or fall out of bed to get to it, even when I don't feel like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment