The last two days have gone just about the same as any normal day in our house. I "try" to do stuff all day, get interrupted 100 times and give up, failing. The one thing I never fail at is dishes...Yesterday I spent about 3.5 hours on dishes. I tried to make the most of it by watching videos on youtube about de-cluttering. I have heard quite a lot of good things about the book "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up". I had Jaxon go upstairs and pick 7 things out of the toys to give away or sell. I already sold a couple things! It helps to have the mind of a de-clutter"er" at all times so the thinning is continuous. We seem to accumulate new things all the time...Which brings me to my next point! Today at the library they had the free book cart out and there were a ton of books on there! I couldn't resist. I grabbed as many books as I could carry out of there. My favorite find is this one: "Natural Superwoman".
After we went to the chiropractor (to have my rib put back into place :0), Truett's therapist and I decided to take the kids to the library for a little while. I was so excited because they had wheeled out the free book cart, I walked out with about the same number of books as the items I de-cluttered. Oh man. I just love the way old books look, I almost always judge a book by its cover. I rarely read one. I was just thinking , I don't think I have finished a book since 2011! I think my next youtube binge will be on speed reading!
In my defense, I did gather lots of books to get rid of :) because my 3 bookshelves are filling up fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In Retrospect.
The word God gave me for this year was "Tender" and "Truth". What I am writing is part of my healing, and it is TRUTH. ...
-
Just over a week ago, my natural doctor and friend passed away. I wrote about some of my memories of her. She was a beautiful, special chris...
-
Since I was a child, I have had a heart for ministry. More recently I have started seeking God more seriously about the how, when and where....


No comments:
Post a Comment