Saturday, February 17, 2018

Promoted By God

Since I was a child, I have had a heart for ministry. More recently I have started seeking God more seriously about the how, when and where. Usually my hang up is on the how. How do I position myself for ministry. How do I train myself to be equipped for the work of Christ. Through my many struggles the past several year, I have hoped God would bring me a mentor. Both of these things have became a vanity.

Here is how I thought of it at first in my very literal mind.

Mentor:
Share about all my issues and past struggles any chance I'm given.
Hope the God's chosen mentor is in the audience and approaches me.
Expect that this person will help develop me into the person that God wants me to be.
Being mentored by said person will help me get into the church staff clique, and then
my worth and giftings will be seen, and I will be trained up for ministry purposes.

Just typing that kinda creeps me out. This isn't right. Amazing how we think we can figure things out right lol?!

These are the verses that come to mind, that helped correct this way of thinking:

1 Peter 5:6- Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt You in due time.

2 Samuel 7:8- Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel:

When I prayed about this, and really struggled through it, I was directed back to a very basic way of thinking. God is my promotor.
The reality is, God is our boss, no matter what we do, we are working for Him. HE will promote us according to His plan.

My to do list is this simple: Seek God through prayer and studying the Bible.

That's it. Since I wrote my first blog post last week, I have had two people come onto my path: one that needed salvation and one that needed a spiritual mentor and guidance from a person who has been down the road she is starting on. God will bring my ministry and myself together when the timing is right. All I need is Him. Not a church staff, a clique, a mentor, or approval from anyone. It's amazing how distracted we can get!


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Retrospect.

The word God gave me for this year was "Tender" and "Truth". What I am writing is part of my healing, and it is TRUTH. ...